Friday, February 05, 2016

I love you - Free Friday Catch the bug

Friday February 5, 2016
 
Woo hoo it's Friday and that means it's the weekend tomorrow and at Catch the bug / Bugaboo it's Free Friday.. The image is called My little sock monkey flowers
You can find this cute monkey at in the Bugaboo store.. it's free for a week so hurry up and grab it..
 

This is my sock monkey card. I have a sock monkey that is quite old. I hold it dear.. I used a tag that Monika at Creative with Monika gave me for my birthday.. I love tags and don't use them often enough and so this was perfect. I stapled the colored image using my tim holtz mini staple. I added a heart from a die /taylored expression and d.o.t.s. sentiment. I added some sequins and to give the base some texture I used my scor buddy and did various width lines here and there.. I added some jellybean twine and called it done.
 

Challenges:
Suzy bee's bloomin #115 - anything goes/twist animal
PDE linky party #109 - anything goes
The Ribbon girl - love
Incy wincy designs Feb. 1-14 - love is in he air
Stamps and fun #271 - hearts/love/valentines day
Cards in envy - from the heart
Crafty boots - love is in the air
Melonheadz friends - love
Not just cards #29 - anything goes
OLLCB #197 - love/romance
Clear it out - loving you -stash: red/white/twine or ribbon
Creative inspirations #344 - hugs and kisses
Simon Wednesday - have a heart
Crafty gals corner - love is in the air
4 Crafty chicks #284 - love
As you like it - multi layer (so that other colors can add interest to the card/image)

recipe: image/bugaboo, recollection base, scor buddy, tag monika, sequins, mini staples, te die, dots sentiment, jelli bean twine, copics




14 comments:

Sandy Trefger said...

Adorable! Such a cute monkey and I love that he is a sock monkey! Love how you did the image with the tag. Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

Virginia L. said...

Lovely coloring and scoring! Your attentions to details are awesome! This truly is a smile maker! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Have a Heart” Challenge!

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my gosh, I am in love with your sock monkey! SO darn cute~ fun design!
Thanks so much for joining us in the PDE Linky Party!
Sherrie K
PDE DT Member

Sherry Hickey said...

I am a tag lover, too, and I think your card is very cute! Great idea for using your Scor-Pal on the background (may borrow your idea!). Thanks for joining us at Cards In Envy!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fabulous card, I love the layout and the cute monkey image. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Mrs Beez said...

Great card. I love the design and the colouring is fabulous. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Thanks for joining us at AYLI challenge this week. I'm guessing from your beautiful card that you love to use many layers in your card making, if you could add somewhere in your post the reason for preferring a multi layered card then you will be eligible for the prize draw.
Many thanks
Lorraine DT

Janis Lewis said...

Cute tag card, Billie! Thanks for joining us at PDE Linky Party.
Janis, Creator & DT Member
Pause Dream Enjoy
Paper Play Sketches, Creator & DT Member
PDE Linky Party, Creator & DT Member

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Very CUTE!!! I like the way you added texture to the background, great color combo. Thank you for joining us at PDE Linky Party.

Sue - PDE Linky Party DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

NGCARDS said...

A gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations this week! xxx

Sarah said...

Love your card, great layers and perfect for us at AYLI!! Good Luck!! Sarah :0)

Rae Ann said...

Love the fun, bright colors you used on this. The embossing on the background adds great texture.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Love Is in the Air challenge.

Leanne said...

Great image and the the sequins are a nice touch, and the coloring is perfect. Thanks for entering our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Leanne DT/4CC

Colette said...

Hi Billie! This card is adorable! Thank you for playing along with Incy Wincy, good luck! Colette - DT x