Saturday, November 07, 2015

The book to read is not the one - Catch the bug

Saturday November 7, 2015
 
Today is a new week and a new challenge. It's one of my favorite.. ANYTHING GOES at Catch the bug
 
 
This is my card for the ATG challenge.. I think she is reading a good story.. or she is writing one and thinking of the next chapter.. this image is Kidz sitter girl book..  I love to read and have my kindle with me most of the time. I love the convenience of it and when I am done with one book the other one is right there. I wanted her to be sitting on a cool ledge so I had a piece of chip board border and painted it with gesso then took my paints and blotted the three colors on it.. dried the piece then took an all over script and stamped on the piece. I made the clouds behind her with my cloud template I made.. I added the sentiment below which is by My favorite things. I colored the image with copics and the base is kraft card stock from the kraft journal site.
 

Challenges:
Word art Wednesday #208 - atg
Crafting by designs - atg
As you like it Thursday - favorite hobby (reading)
Creative fingers #97 - atg
PDE linky party 1st wk Nov. - atg
Simply papercraft #17 - atg

recipe: kidz sitter /bugaboo, kraft journal kraft cs, chip board, paints, script stamp, mft sentiment, cloud template, ranger ink, copics




13 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

I love the platform the image is sitting on in contrast to the sky and kraft paper. A lovely card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Billie
I love this Image too
and use at my DT card
and that cloud I really like and the bottom part
wooooww
you made a beautiful background Billie as always
clever put together
adorable card
I was so busy cause Kevin stay home because of school Holiday
eventhough I did not leave you comment I always remember your Billie
hugs
Monika

bonnie32002 said...

That is THEORY perfect quote for this image.

Janis Lewis said...

Love the cloud background. She is awesome too.
Thanks for linking up over at PDE Linky Party.
DT Janis
PDE Linky Party Design Team Call
Pause Dream Enjoy, blog
PDE Linky Party, challenge blog

Nana said...

Awesome card. Thanks for linking up over at PDE Linky Party

Have a creative day.
Nana DT Member
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

chrissy xx said...

What a sweetie she is! FABulous colours and design.
Your sky is so pretty too.
Chrissyxx
I to love to read and wouldn't be without my kindle..But, I love the smell of a new book. x

Sherrie K. said...

Super sweet image and fun colors!
Thanks for joining us in the PDE Linky Party Anything Goes Challenge!
Sherrie K
PDE DT Member

applejack cards by sue said...

I do love this image and your colours. A wonderful card. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Simply Papercraft. Sue DT xx

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute card and image - great coloring!!!

kahaulani said...

LOVE your adorable card!!! thank you for linking up with us at PDE Linky Party-DT elecia

Karla Yungwirth said...

So cute! Love the watercolour look and the script stamp! Thanks so much for joining us at PDE Linky Party for our always Anything Goes Challenges!!
DT Karla

Tindaloo said...

Lovely card and great inking! :) Thanks for playing along at Creative Fingers! Hope you will join us again! PS: I got a huge blogcandy if you wanna join in! ♥ Tindaloo

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card so love the colours, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
hugs Samantha :0)