Friday, May 01, 2015

Scrap card - Life is a great big canvas

Friday May 1, 2015
 
this is another scrap card I made. I thought with the sentiment you could throw a lot of paint or a little and you still have a card that speaks volumes. I wanted to kind of keep it monochromatic but the large white leaf image gives a great punch. I like using scraps.. sad there is only a really small dent in the pile.. lol 
 

Once again I folded back about an inch from the top right of the card and then added the stripe paper .. I really should of taken a better photo of the card closed because the stripe shows nest to the dot paper and under the sentiment die.
 


Challenges:
The sisterhood of crafters - monochromatic
4 Crafty chicks #244 - atg
Cute card Thursday #371 - use a sentiment
Sassy studio #279 - atg
DRS designs #172 - put it in neutral
Crafts 4 eternity #224 - inspired by nature
Sister act #104 - atg
Creative fingers #78 - atg

recipe: quick quote scrap, su scrap, bazzill scrap, local king sentiment and die, buttons




10 comments:

Glenda said...

Your card is lovely and I really love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters for our 'Monochromatic' challenge!

Darlene said...

FABULOUS use of scraps Billie and I too love the sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Monochromatic’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Monika Reeck said...

another lovely design with grey paper Billie and the sentiment I love it...that white leafs on black paper is adorable great scrap you have...and great card my friend

Terri's Cards N More said...

Beautifully done with scraps. Very nice sentiment. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "Monochromatic" challenge.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the colors! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.
Tina- DT

Cindy Groh said...

What a fabulous sentiment. I love your neutral colors. Awesome card. Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs

Shelia said...

Wow, this is such a beautiful card and you created it with scraps?! I'm impressed. I really like the inside panel that shows when the card is closed. Thank you for sharing with us at DRS Designs this week.

catherine said...

This looks great Billie.Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week
x catherine

Janett said...


Great card. Thanks for joining the DRS designs challenge.

Vannessa said...

Great card and I love the colour scheme. Thanks for joining in the Sassy Studio Designs challenge this time. Hope to see you again.

hugs, Vannessa
SSD DT