Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Paper Pretties #319 - theme RED/BLACK/WHITE / I forgot your birthday

Wednesday July 16, 2014
 
Wednesday and a new challenge at Paper Pretties #319 - RED - BLACK - WHITE
 
I know, I know the white isn't white.. because when I did it you couldn't see the white word.. duh it's on a white background.. You get the idea though.  I used a lot of scraps and just cut them in lengths and widths that I needed and adhered them to a piece of scrap 4.25 x 5.5 and then cut finished piece to the size I needed for my card. I was not happy with the way the top looked so I added the bakers twine around a couple of times to mask off that area. I wanted to make room for the sentiment and since it was so long... once again I put it on the side.. I do love that look. I think it adds more interest on the card..
I used the image return of cluck by Paper pretties of course.
I hope you play along this week and post your card to the Paper Pretties blog. Have fun.
 
Challenges:
Squigglefly #26 - over the edge
613 Avenue create - atg w/opt. shape card
Shopping our stash #160 - can't put away or down (scraps - bkground)
Through the craftroom door - atg
Penny's paper crafty #186 - atg
Word art Wednesday #141 - atg
TSC #38 - atg
recipe: Return of cluck/pp, various scraps of papers, bakers twine, copics





9 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

this is stunning brilliant colour combo Ginny x

Michelle said...

A Gorgeous creation. Lovely colours and layout - thank you for joining us this week at Penny's Paper-Crafty - Michelle x

Donna said...

Fantastic use of your scraps!! Love that sentiment...you old bird...LOL
Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "Can't Put It Down" challenge!

Vannessa said...

Great card and I love all the different patterned papers you used. Thank you for joining in the Stamping Chef challenge this week.

Hugs, Vannessa
TSC DT

Holly Young said...

Great colors and I love the way you did the sentiment on the side and at the top. Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Adorable and love your story of how this card came to be!!! LOVE LOVE that image.

Kim Kutie said...

This is a great card. Thank you for joining us this week at Penny's Challenges.

Anne Fenton said...

This is just a HOOT ... love it. Thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

Deena said...

What a fabulous use of scraps and ribbon. Love this card and it is perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining in at shopping our stash!