Saturday, April 13, 2013

Unscripted Sketches #206 - our 4th blog-iversary

Saturday April 13, 2013
 
Welcome to our 4-year blog-iversary celebration! In addition to our normal, fabulous projects from our talented design team, there will be a special surprise or two, so be sure you check out our blog and come celebrate with us, you won’t want to miss it! Join us at  Unscripted Sketches
 
 

This is the card that I did for the sketch. I decided to use some dies and punches for my card. I have this die from MFT that I've been waiting to use and thought OK, what am I going to put in this square and thought OK it doesn't really need to be a square just a focal point of your choice. So I chose to use the umbrella, then stamped this cool sentiment at the bottom. See the heart? well for some reason I got a spot of ink up there and the hearts covered it perfect and added a nice touch to the card. I hate when mistakes happen but love when they turn out and compliment the card too.
So I hope you play along and follow the sketch as close as you can, I showed you how I took the sketch and made it work for me.
challenges:
Card Crafters Circle #70 - die cut or dry embossing
Dutch Dare #212 - color challenge
Polkadoodles #15 - april showers
Bearly Mine #81 - anything goes
Make It Monday #135 - open
Simon Says - spring flowers or april showers
Word Art Wednesday #75 - anything goes

recipe: corner chomper, not quite navy su ink, very vanilla su card stock, mft words, mft dies, dcwv papers, su punch, twine, glossy accents, stickles, bling



6 comments:

Karon said...

Love the sentiment and great CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week. Karon, Polka Doodles DT

Shirley-Anne said...

Simply a lovely CAS card .
Love the umbrella detail there .
Thanks for sharing on Card Crafter's Circle

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Very sweet and very touching!

Laney said...

Super card and a great sentiment too!!Thanks for joining us at BMC
hugs
laney

Unknown said...

Love the sentiment on your CAS card Billie. It's fab! Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

Mandy said...

Fabulous CAS card Billie, love the sentiment.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx