Saturday, April 06, 2013

Unscripted Sketches #205 - hey girlfriend

Saturday April 6, 2013
 
Hello and welcome to another great sketch from Unscripted Sketches #205
I am loving this sketch and knew instantly what I wanted to do with it. I hope you have fun, you can turn it, make a scrapbook page, framed design. Just try to follow the sketch as best as you can. I love seeing your work.
 I have been wanting to try this faux embossing technique I saw and I am sorry I don't remember who's blog I saw this one But it's taking the same color card stock as the main part of the card and die cutting a repeating shape. Here I used a zig-zag die and then just off set them. Doesn't it look embossed. It sure gives the card a nice texture with out over powering it. I love it and will use this technique again.
I did not want too much going on and keep the image C&S so I stamped the darling dress on script and colored it in. I like how the print shows through the dress, gives it a nice texture too. This was a fun card to make. Not that others aren't but you know what I mean.  I thought this would make a nice friendship/birthday/congratulations card. Guess it all depends what you write inside.

challenges:
Crafty Catz #177 - anything goes
Make It Monday #134 - open
Polka Doodles #14 - pink and brown
Totally Paper Crafts #161 - birthday girl in pink
Word Art #74 - anything goes
Alota Rubber #104 - dress to impress
Fussy & Fancy #86 - faux technique (faux embossing)

recipe: book page, bazzill, su brown, mft die, spellbinder die, simon says /like your style stamps, su embossing folder (for brown piece behind dress) copics, su brown ink

11 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This is waaaaaay cool! I can't wait to try. Girl, you have been hot hot hot and my list of casing is getting longer...just not enough time in the day!

Karen Letchworth said...

I am such a fan of your work, and this is amazing. You followed the sketch so perfectly. Just awesome, Billie. Thanks so much for sharing in our challenge. You are a blessing!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

sue w. said...

Super card, love the faux embossing, it is so effective and great image. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts.
Hugs Sue W.

Anne said...

Very pretty
Thanks for playing along with Polka Doodles and good luck
Anne x

Chrissy said...

This is a superb card Billie, fabulous showcasing..love it.

Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Wendy Fraser said...

brilliant card, such a clever faux technique, it looks great. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy xx

Carolyn King said...

great cards. love the faux embossing! Wonderful!

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

I love your sweet adorable card..and the techniques you used to give it that special look...beautiful!

Mary said...

WOW I LOVE this techniqe and will definitely have to try it. Such a great idea!

Thank you for playing along with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge...good luck!

Hugs,
Mary

PaperDaisies said...

Love the techniques used. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

Kim said...

great card, love the effect! Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz! Kim x - CC DT